Colorant Purchase guidance requested!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teresa Nurture has the best orange I have tried (Orange Vibrance) You can get a bright beautiful orange, and not peach. My other favorite is their Turquoise, I know you mentioned Teal, but the Turquoise really pops. I have to look at the site again to see if there are any new yellows, they were not very bright for me especially the Yellow Vibrance.

I'm also going to recommend Nurture. Their Really Red is very nice, every blue I've gotten has been awesome but my favorite is Klein Blue. I also got their sample pack of red and pinks and they have some nice pinks, I think my favorite is Hollywood pink, I love their purple vibrance (all the vibrance are good), as is the green vibrance, and for white I would certainly try TD as mentioned but I would also encourage just a nice white soap recipe to make it easy on yourself.

I've gotten a lot of various colorants from many suppliers but the thing that impresses me most about Nurture is how well they mix. When I blend 1 tsp color with 1 Tbsp OO, they smoothly blend without clumping. I have a few others (from other suppliers) that don't. No matter how well I mix with my frother and how long I let it sit, I still get dots of color in the soap. I haven't had that trouble at all with Nurture's colorants. As for yellow, I love their Sunshine Yellow. It takes a bit more to get the bright yellow I want at times, but it stays true throughout cure.

I do like some of Nurture's micas but green vibrance was the most gosh awful color I have seen in a long time. It did not even come close to the picture and their TD is an outrageous price at $30 per lb. Most supplies have td around $10 per lb

I do like some of Nurture's micas but green vibrance was the most gosh awful color I have seen in a long time. It did not even come close to the picture and their TD is an outrageous price at $30 per lb. Most supplies have td around $10 per lb

I don't know if this is your case but my oils tend to be in the yellowish side and the green will look kind of pea soupy, so I add a little blue to bring it back. I got that from Vibrant Soap (Clyde) on YouTube

Latest posts

Back