Coffee soap tips?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made coffee soap last night, the coffee FO made it trace really fast. But I think it turned out nice, I cut it this morning. I did add some espresso powder but because I also used FO's I cannot tell if the smell survived. Probably not according to Lindy's experience. It will look nice on the ingredients list though.

What about adding Ground Cinnamon along with the Coffee Grounds at trace? How much would you add? I think it would be a nice touch. But maybe it would do nothing... Okay now I also want to add Cocoa Powder too! Guh, too many options.

I do not claim to be a soapmaking genius but I've made coffee soap several times And I never froze the coffee and I never notice the lye burned it. But that's just me. But I too had my smeller revolt years ago! I added the grounds at trace and my husband and son in laws love the soap for their shop soap.

I make coffee soap and never freeze my coffee either and have never had burned coffee. I use coffee FO and do a cocoa power pencil line. Great kitchen soap.

I would always put less coffee grounds in than you think you need as it is really scratchy. It's a really good exfoliant though.

This intrigues me, as we roast our own coffee. I was wondering why one couldn't use instant coffee in place of the anhydrous caffeine in the soaping 101 Video.
I have a fantasy about making a soap that is dark brown coffee on the bottom and white on the top - like a cappuccino. But if I planned to use extra strong coffee in the lye water (and fine grounds, and maybe infused oils), I guess Id have to make a half batch of 2 soaps really - one coffee and one white.

Back