Coconut water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jspann

Reaction score
I have several cans of 100% coconut water. I am wondering if I could use it instead of water in CP soap? It's coconut water not coconut milk.

Yep. Just used some in place of water to make salt bars. Mine was not frozen, just chilled. When mixed with the lye it turned bright orange, but it did not discolor the soap.

Any suggestions on how to use it or what to mix with it? Does it leave any kind of scent? Any moisturizing or cleaning properties?

Does not leave a scent. As osso said, it can just be chilled, but I froze mine into ice cubes, then slowly stirred in the lye. It was just thawed when I finished stirring the lye in. (I soap at room temp.) It does add to lather, and IMO moisturizing a bit. Mine contained guar gum, which accelerates trace a bit, though it is not unmanageable.

If you get a real coconut and pour the juice out of it, watch out for the high sugar content. It may your soap overheat.

Allane

Back