Coconut oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapMom

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get coconut oil cheap. I've been paying like $5.68 for a 2lb. can. Thanks!

You could make your own Coconut Oil by making Coconut Milk (using 4 coconut) and then letting the CM ferment for 24-48 hours. Scoup the creamy white layer off the top, the bottom will be the water. Put this (creamy white layer) into the pot to melt down into Coconut oil.

SoapMom said:
Does anyone know where I can get coconut oil cheap. I've been paying like $5.68 for a 2lb. can. Thanks!

Your price sounds reasonable to me. That's how much I pay if I'm buying at Walmart. Prices can become considerably higher if you're wanting virgin/unrefined coconut oil. If not, AAA chemicals is having an offer of 50 lbs of coconut oil for $44.95. Check it out. Sorry that I cannot provide a link. Don't forget to consider shipping. For me, it is quite a deal. Good Luck :)

Voyageur Soap is $18.95 for 6.6 lbs which works out to about $2.87 a pound, plus shipping.....It is a Canadian Supplier though...

kellistarr said:
SoapMom said:

Your price sounds reasonable to me. That's how much I pay if I'm buying at Walmart. Prices can become considerably higher if you're wanting virgin/unrefined coconut oil. If not, AAA chemicals is having an offer of 50 lbs of coconut oil for $44.95. Check it out. Sorry that I cannot provide a link. Don't forget to consider shipping. For me, it is quite a deal. Good Luck :)
wow it's cheaper than Columbus Foods! (haven't checked shipping cost yet tho)

Prices from soapers choice:
Coconut Oil 76 Degree Melt Point White ($1.05per pound)
50 lb Pail $52.50
Coconut Oil 76 Degree Melt Point White ($1.85per pound)
7 Pound Bottle $12.95

I'm in Canada and ordered my coconut oil from canwax.com

I paid around $20 for 3 kg.

OH MY LORD. I bought my CO from the health food store (hey, just starting soaping, impatient to get going). I paid $20 for a pound the first time (virgin or extra virigin or something unnecessarily special) and $8 a pound the second time... and I was so thrilled the second time at the comparatively great price. Gah!!!

Latest posts

Back