Coconut oil question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Larios

Reaction score
I have a big bag of coconut oil (bought from bramble berry) maybe 4 months ago it's been hot were I live all week about 90*- 95* I noticed the coconut melted I figured I wasn't a big deal once the temperature cools down it would become solid again BTW it's been liquid for a whole 3 days today it cooled down I touch the bag and it feels cool but the coconut oil I'd still liquid why? Does it mean I doesn't work anymore? Will it stay liquid forever? Thanks

If it's 76 degree coconut oil like mine, it won't solidify until the temperatures get below 76 deg F. All my coconut oil and coconut oil based body butters are liquid as well...

Why not decant it into smaller containers while it's melted? If you always use the same recipe then weigh it out into single-recipe amounts in old margarine tubs or Tupperware, and have them ready to go, pre-weighed, for your next batches.

I'm with djk17. Makes so much sense to me to pre-measure out the oils. Do it all at once, and then you don't have to fool with it again. Even Ziploc bags would do if you can't come up with enough other containers.

Latest posts

Back