Coconut oil for the face

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neve

Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to figure out if coconut oil is non-comodegenic or not. Many sites list it as a 4 - not good - but then other sites say it's a great moisturiser and good for eye cream.

I made an eye cream with CO and some other oils. Considering adding shea butter.

What do you think about coconut oil for the face? Does it cause break-outs or not?

I added the Shea butter. I find the strong coconut smell a bit annoying really and the lavender and geranium didn't drown it out. So I added some Shea and just a couple of drops of rosemary EO.

But reading so many different things on CO I'm wondering if I should have used it at all. Planning on sharing it with some friends as an eye cream. If I am happy with it.

What about just as an eye cream? I looked up eye cream recipes and a coconut oil one comes up in the top few results.

I think it is just going to depend on the skin. Some seem to break out from the use, and others swear by CO for clearing up acne.

Michael

I have a friend who makes and sells a face serum that is based on coconut oil and her customers love it - gives me horrible blackheads. It definitely depends on your skin.

I use straight coconut oil on my face every night and have never broken out, I use the one that is solid at room temp, not the fractionated type

Latest posts

Back