Clay colored soaps.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more! ATTACH]4344[/ATTACH] ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383762817.815874.jpg the first is colored with a mix of red and yellow clay scented with orange10X and sandalwood EO (smells incredible) the second is pink with red clay pencil line scented with Geranium and Bergamot EO's .. I think green is up next!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383762806.631843.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383762806.631843.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 182
Wow!! All look so great and so cheezy..

Sent from my C1604 using Soap Making mobile app

Congrats to you ! you do great work in your soap making . everyone of those are just fabulous !

Ooooo....looking at these soaps is a dream for the eyes. True art. My favorite is the bottom one. Coral and mint is a great color combination, and the striking dark areas are a wonderful contrast.

Those are absolutely beautiful!!! I like the subtle color. Bravo!

Oh, here they are :)
Gorgeous soaps, I just can't stop looking these pictures! i have to try pencil lines, so gorgeous!

Thank you all so much! You're all very motivational and encouraging! :) I just want to learn end experiment enough to be helpful to others!

How do you get those nice textured tops ? Does the soap have to be thick ?And also do you use a spatula?

How do you get those nice textured tops ? Does the soap have to be thick ?And also do you use a spatula?

Hi there! I just used a spoon and the handle of it. After I pour, I wait until the soap thickens up and then I start playing with it until I like the way it looks. It sometimes takes awhile for the soap to become the right texture, where it'll stay put and stand up in peaks. It needs to be pretty thick :)

How do you get that beautiful middle layer so even? And how do you do pencil lines? May I ask, or is that proprietary?

How do you get that beautiful middle layer so even? And how do you do pencil lines? May I ask, or is that proprietary?

For the soap with layers, I usually divide my lye water into 2,3,or 4 containers depending on how many layers I'm doing. (I weigh it to make sure it's exact) . I do the same with the melted oils and then I do each layer, one at a time letting each one set before mixing and pouring the next. It helps to speed things up and set the soap by putting the mold into a warm 170 degree oven between layers.

Here is a good video on Pencil lines!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWfL8dPl7IE&sns=em[/ame]

Back