Cinnamon Pumpkin Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el_santo

Reaction score
I used a base of lard, coconut, palm, olive and castor oils. I added coconut milk at trace and scented with a mix of pumpkin crunch FO and cinnamon leaf EO. I usually don't do textured tops, but the soap was accelerating on me slightly and the opportunity to try it was too tempting to pass on.

Sorry about the poor quality pictures.

lls7-top-b.jpg

lls7-cut-b.jpg

lls7-cut-a.jpg

Perfect! looks like a beautiful pie with whipped cream. Did you scent just the bottom part or the top too?

Perfect! looks like a beautiful pie with whipped cream. Did you scent just the bottom part or the top too?

Just the bottom, i was afraid of the FO turning the top dark.

thanks for the positive responses from everyone, it's appreciated! :)

May I ask how much pumpkin you used in your batch, ppo? I used one ounce ppo, and it wasn't very 'pumpkin' colored. The FO discolors to a medium brown, so it's ok, but not the color I wanted.

just to clarify i didn't use any pumpkin puree in case that was what you were asking. after re-reading i think that's what you were after, sorry to not be clear on that.

i only used 32 oz of oil so I went with 2 oz of FO and about 20 drops of cinnnamon leaf EO for the scents. i used about 2 tsp of kaolin clay in the oils as well hoping to keep the scent held in. i colored with some 'tangerine dream' micas from mad oils and a 'smidge' of titanium dioxide with the hope that the FO would darken what started out a bit too orange and so far it has.

Back