chunky soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmg1177

Reaction score
I was wondering how or when you put the chunks of soap into the mold to add the rest of the soap? Last time I did they kinda melted after I poured the rest in. Same thing happend when I put the small heart shapes inside the mold and poured in more soap. That's called embedding right? I am extremely new and don't know anyone around to actually show me. :oops:

No mp. I mean putting chunky soap into the mold then pouring over it with clear soap so you can see the insides. Th chunks inside get all melty.

cmg, I alway sprayed my chunks with alcohol(helps the chunks to adhere to the base) and put them in the freezer in the mold for a short period of time. Then I poured my m/p base over them. You can wait a bit until your m/p is not so hot, just before it gets thick. Good luck.

Spritz the chunks with rubbing alcohol and let the clear soap cool a little before pouring. I've noticed that if you put the soap in fridge or freezer the layers don't want to adhere as well. Oh an make sure that you are using coloring that doesn't migrate, or the chunks will slowly bleed into the clear.

I do the same thing spritz with alcohol and allow the second base to cool for a bit then pour.

Thank you all! Yeah I didn't spray alcohol or let the base cool off,lol! :oops: :lol:

Latest posts

Back