Christmas soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeners

Reaction score
So this is my rendition of Christmas soap I did yesterday. made with goats whey!

I tried to do a funnel pour in a shallower mold (an enforced cereal box...), but the soap traced too quickly, so the last bits were kind of in the pot swirl. then I tried my hand at swirling the top...wish I had swirled from the bottom. the cut pictures are interesting...

scented with peppermint EO, so now the house smells like a candy cane! still very soft, but hoping it will harden by Christmas.....

last picture is the soap I just made. it's a coconut milk, whey and banana soap. scented with a citrus and lavender mix. bottom layer has whole calendula flowers mixed in, I tried my hand at pencil line for this one with cocoa, then top is whitened with TD. i'm hoping this one gels (getting warm finally). can't wait to cut it!

Christmas soap - Nov 6.jpg

Christmas soap(2) - Nov 6.jpg

Nov 7.jpg

Ohhhhh The Christmas swirled soap looks so festive. I bought some peppermint EO for Christmas soaps, too! And the bottom soap looks strangely delicious! Mmmm.....

thanks!!! I wish there was such a thing as coconut and banana EO, but they don't really exist, and I can't get a hold of FOs here.

I think i'll be making a few more Christmas soaps this weekend......need to use up clay AND stock up for presents! this year maybe the least I've spent on Christmas presents!

I think the bottom one overheated slightly in the mold overnight......will cut it later and hopefully it didn't overheat too much...

These look great! I love the Xmas soap. I still have to try a slab mold one of these days.

my slab mold was a cereal box turn on its side, with reinforced edges, then lined with parchment. no fancy molds in my house!

Really really nice!! I think I need some calendula in my life. It looks so smooth and creamy!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I used soapqueen's recommendation....0.05oz ppo. I think it was too much. i'm hoping it'll fade as it cures....

Really really nice!! I think I need some calendula in my life. It looks so smooth and creamy!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Thanks TVivian! I think it's the banana that made it look like that. I can't wait to cut it! :-D

I think you will love your banana soap.
I made one with banana and coconut milk and used a coconut banana FO. I don't like the fragrance at all but it's such a nice soap I still love it.
The calendula with lavender sounds so nice.

Here's the cut pictures of the other soap...turned out nicer than I expected! although, the TD made the colour crack on the top layer....how do I prevent that?

IMG-20131108-00635.jpg

Latest posts

Back