Cherry Garcia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m thinking about trying to make “Cherry Garcia” inspired soap for a quirky niece - with chocolate scented soap chunks and cherry scented soap chunks, but only if I can find a cherry scent that smells like the real deal, more fruit and less sweet or floral. I have decided that I can’t use vanilla for the base, because I don’t want to have to cover up the discoloration but had the idea of using it in some of the chocolate chunks, which will be dark anyway. Is there a cherry scent that is close? I would also welcome recommendations on chocolate and vanilla if you have newbie friendly favorites. Thanks!

I just made a soap using Elements Bath and Body Chocolate Delight. It behaved perfectly. I can't decide if it's a brownie or a truffle scent and the description has buttercream notes. Thankfully, I don't get any buttercream but maybe a bit of vanilla. The soap is only a couple of days old, so can't say what it ends up like or if it sticks. The nice thing about Elements is you can order sample vials for $1.

I’m not seeing any cherry FOs except Bite Me on the “sticker” list @math ace put together. That one smells like kool aid, which isn’t what I’m hoping for. If you make a recommendation and know it sticks, please let me know that too. Thanks!

Cherry Almond does not really smell like Cherries. My daughter always used this one and it was a nice cherry scent. But all our noses are different.
https://rusticescentuals.com/Black-Cherry.html
Do you have any recommendations for vanilla and chocolate FOs that are more or less single notes? I tried looking through the scent reviews, but the scents are listed by company, which means a lot of scrolling. I’m not worried about the nose thing. It’s not for my nose alone and it would be hard to predict what variation on cherry or any scent my niece would like the most.

I should have also mentioned Vanilla Milk. It was sold by Mad Micas, and now by Arizona Mad Oils. When Mad Oils became Mad Micas and stopped selling FOs, Carrie at Nurture soap had many duped. I think they always had Vanilla Cream, which she has said is the same. I haven't tried it to see for myself, but she said their Winter Wonderland is the same as MO Snow Witch and it is. I believe Vanilla Cream and Vanilla Milk are the same as well. It is a pure creamy vanilla with no buttery, bakery notes.

I have two vanillas from EBB to test, hopefully by the end of the week and can let you know about them. One is Antahala Vanilla which was highly recommended by member here. If you feel like reading, here is a thread about the quest for vanilla.

I should have also mentioned Vanilla Milk. It was sold by Mad Micas, and now by Arizona Mad Oils. When Mad Oils became Mad Micas and stopped selling FOs, Carrie at Nurture soap had many duped. I think they always had Vanilla Cream, which she has said is the same. I haven't tried it to see for myself, but she said their Winter Wonderland is the same as MO Snow Witch and it is. I believe Vanilla Cream and Vanilla Milk are the same as well. It is a pure creamy vanilla with no buttery, bakery notes.

I have two vanillas from EBB to test, hopefully by the end of the week and can let you know about them. One is Antahala Vanilla which was highly recommended by member here. If you feel like reading, here is a thread about the quest for vanilla.
Thank you. I had not found the vanilla thread. I finally figured out how to download the scent review spreadsheet after realizing that it was just a matter of using my computer instead of my iPad (I try not to open my computer again once I shut it down for the day). Between trying to sort through the spreadsheet and then checking the websites, I’ve just spent three hours reading about FOs. :mad:

Latest posts

Back