carrot soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkevin

Reaction score
ok first question I found the soap calc. entered the following beeswax 15%
castor oil 15% coconut oil 40% and olive oil 30% I have made my own carrot powder to use as far as fragrance not sure yet. now question is does this look like a viable recipe for a 2lb loaf? any comments good or bad most of all any advice thanks
kevin

Go easy on the beeswax! Maybe 2-3%. Any more will seriously interfere with the lather but will not give you any added benefits to the soap.

I think the coconut is also quite high. But depends on what the soap is for. If And I say if cuz I only have one soap with coconut, I use coconut in 10% range. Any more and its too drying for me.

ok changed 3% beeswax 15% castor and coconut and 67 % olive look a little better?

noted I guess 75% olive oil not to high? or might some of you have a whole diff. recipe I am all ears

I would try 20% coconut oil, 5% castor oil, and the balance as olive oil. If you have shea or cocoa butter, I'd use that at 10% and subtract it from the olive oil. If you have palm oil or lard, use that at 20% and subtract from olive oil. Personally, I'd ditch the beeswax entirely. I find it fussy to use.

Dried carrot powder will cause your soap to heat up so watch it carefully. Also, it will not impart any scent to the finished soap. But it will make a very pretty color and nice lather.

ok followed judy's recipe
20% coconut
5%castor
55% olive
20% lard
made my own carrot powder. Mistake #1 poured reg. colored batter in mold started to add orange color noticed coffee grounds still sitting there(for pencil line) ughh so dumped the batter back into the bowl mixed it again now slight orange. now put the pencil line between layers. thought to myself, done time to clean up was washing things up I see mistake #2 the cap is still on my castor oil grrrr. now what? any thing drastic gonna happen?

Last edited:
Back