candle lotion? guh? what? how the? huh?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltysteele

Reaction score
while at WSP (I absolutely love that site now), I inadvertently brushed across some info on candle lotions? it was basically a warning/info on a product that also made suggestion as to the proper usage of lotion candles.

something about you light the candle until a melted pool of wax/lotion builds up, then blow out the candle. you then use your fingers to apply the lotion to your skin and massage in.

has anyone heard of this, or have any info?

Yes, you are dripping hot candle wax on your 'partner'. Supposedly there is a type of wax that is not as hot so it won't damage the skin. I think it is a law suit waiting to happen.

it's supposedly skin-safe soy wax so when it's melted it's just soft soy. Very popular in my area. I know several chandlers who make and sell it.

Personally it creeps me out and I just KNOW there's got to be people who won't follow the directions and will put it on too hot. Plus I am always suspicious that someone might make it using candle scents that are unsafe for skin. I guess I've seen too much stupid stuff. I have never tried it myself. :shock:

artisan soaps said:
Never heard of 'lotion candles', applying with fingers, or massaging it in .. But I DO know that during *cough* BDSM *cough* scene play, damage to the skin is rarely considered an issue ;)

- don't ask me how I know *whistles innocently*

Without getting into this too much, I highly disagree. Doms should be trained to know how to manipulate w/o causing damage. The 1st item in a good Dom's toy box is a saftey book. Most 'damage' that is seen is performance art and involves shock & awe 'tricks'. Real life damage would inhibit future scene play or display & no one wants that :wink: .

Yes I have heard of this and have tried making it.

It is technically called a massage candle. You use soy wax and not paraffin.
soy wax is very cool when poured on the skin and soy wax also as a nice moisturizing agent all in its natural state.

I use soy wax when I make chapsticks
When making a lotion candle or massage candle..you will need to decided what type of oils you want to use. I personally use shea butter since it is a hard oil.

I melt my soy wax in the microwave (30 sec) until it melts or use a double boiler
I then melt my shea butter is microwave or double boiler
I then get my candle thermometer and wait until the temperature reaches 100F to pour in the oil and FO.
After mixing them I pour it into my candle mold with the wick and once it dries, trim the wick 1/4th off the top and voila

Sounds easy---but it took me a long to get it to where it actually works.
I have since then made vanilla soy massage candles---they are great gifts and seduction tools lol

uh, huh, huh, huh....... :eek:

i need to make some of these :D

when i was telling my wife about them, she thought they sounded really interesting. not in a naughty way, but in a i've-never-heard-of-that-before sort of way

i need to make some of these!

NEED RECIPES!

artisan soaps said:
Never heard of 'lotion candles', applying with fingers, or massaging it in .. But I DO know that during *cough* BDSM *cough* scene play, damage to the skin is rarely considered an issue ;)

I need to be invited to Artisan's parties...

Er...for *research* of course.....

Saltysteele said:
uh, huh, huh, huh....... :eek:

i need to make some of these :D

when i was telling my wife about them, she thought they sounded really interesting. not in a naughty way, but in a i've-never-heard-of-that-before sort of way

i need to make some of these!

NEED RECIPES!

check out this website and it is a quick recipe that you guys can tr

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf39123604.tip.html

artisan soaps said:

Vinca Leaf said:
I need to be invited to Artisan's parties...

Er...for *research* of course.....
kitn said:
Maybe I ought to come along Vinca as your stenographer

.... :shock: DIRTY BIRDS!!!

:twisted:

Back