Canadian Soap Supply E-Stores

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kitn - my favourite supplier does both - makes soap which they sell to soapmakers to private label plus they sell supplies wholesale - the other one I use still makes and sells soap under another name plus they have the wholesale business. I think (if you have the energy) that you can do both.

Well, order's in.
They sure were fast! I got the box yesterday and everything was well packaged. I was impressed, they used newspapers and re-used some stuffing - which I think is fantastic.

only thing is, that they did charge me for shipping, without verifying the charge with me first. THey just added it to the invoice and charged my credit card. Now, I am okay with paying for shipping, but I dont' really like to do things this way. I think its only fair that you know upfront what you're being charged for and okay that before they go and take your money... (or in this case credit.. lol).

I bought little 3gram jars - thought they'd be bigger but they weren't (website doesn't give you dimensions and I'm not familiar with size/weights yet), so they're smaller than I thought. Now I have 100 of them... :roll:

Hi - the only store I have used that gives me my shipping costs up front is U-Line. The others I just know it's going to be tagged on and I also trust them, especially Voyageur, to find the least expensive method of shipping for me....

But that's just me and I know that doesn't work for everyone else. What you could do maybe is in the "special instructions" section ask them to let you know how much shipping will be before they finalize your order?

HTH

that surprises me.
I buy ALOT online... I'm also a stamper/scrapbooker and there is alot of supplies I buy online. I find that soaper's suppliers are the only ones where I don't know what the shipping is upfront.

The amount I paid, was reasonable, so if I wanted to buy something else in future, I would do what you suggested, to make a note - i was thinking of doing that but I thought i'd just let it run its course.

it is what it is. I dont' think I would have completed the purchase without knowing the shipping charges, had I not read feedback from others on thier experiences.

I try to shop local whenever I can, and I'll continue to do that, especially when i don't know the shipping charges upfront.

Oh, and FYI, the shipping was just over $16. A bit much in my opinion, but not TOO bad. I would have been much more comfortable if the shipping label actually had the postage cost on the label, but it didn't.

supplier in sask

I found this one in Sask - havent' ordered anything yet and dont know if the shipping is reasonable or not - still new to all this but Misty said she was having a hard time finding suppliers from here

http://www.lyndenhouse.net/

Yep, i buy whatever i can from ND because, well, I can drive there - so I don't pay anything for shipping =)

I have checked out Oshun for things too.... but there's nothing there I NEEED just yet. Voyageur is my next stop I think....

i still need a couple things from ND and a couple things from Canwax... and.. and.... LOL wait.. is this an addiction?! LOL

thanks divadee, for suggesting Lynden House as well....liliya had also suggested that wholesaler in Clavet. Sk. So nice to find more soapers from Sask. on this board. May I ask where you are from?

Hi Misty :)

I am in Regina - I havent tried soap - just starting with lip balm, bath bombs and massage bars

I'm in Ontario so I order mostly from Canwax and New Directions. Just thought I would mention that both of these places give you a shipping quote at checkout (which I like!!) I also don't like not knowing what the shipping is going to be. Whenever I order from a website that doesn't tell me the shipping cost at checkout I always make a note (if there is a spot for one when checking out) to contact me with the shipping cost BEFORE shipping. If there's no spot to type a note, I email them.

Canwax's shipping is extremely reasonable (but could be because I am not THAT far from them). I order my palm and coconut oil from them in 20 lb quantities and last time I ordered both PLUS a whole bunch of other supplies, my shipping was around $40.... which is not bad at all considering the weight of all that! I find ND shipping pretty reasonable too.

Kitn said:
I have bought from Canwax several times and found the communication is non existent ,I had waited 2 weeks and heard nothing( don't they know soapers need their stuff STAT) , called them and they said they were waiting for something to come in ..This happened twice .Just email and let me know .

Kitn

I agree with this! I do order from Canwax quite often and while I have been very happy with the products I've ordered from them, communicating with them can be like pulling teeth. I can't count how many times I have emailed them asking questions about a certain product and they've never gotten back to me. That part definitely sucks about them.

One thing they did do that impressed me was one time I ordered 20 4oz PET bottles and they only had 7 in stock. They sent me the 7 that they had FREE, for the inconvenience.

Lindy said:
Kitn - my favourite supplier does both - makes soap which they sell to soapmakers to private label plus they sell supplies wholesale - the other one I use still makes and sells soap under another name plus they have the wholesale business. I think (if you have the energy) that you can do both.

hey Lindy , I just noticed this, thanks for posting , I really would not have thought of doing both. I don't have the energy unfortunately , I have some health issues . Maybe when things get better and I retire or win the lottery.( I better start buying tickets then).

Kitn

Back