Can you cut melt and pour from a loaf

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonesgirl

Reaction score
Hi im so new to all this. and i have a silly question.
with melt and pour can you after adding all your fragrance etc pour it into a loaf and cut it into bars?

caroline the newby

You just have to be careful what kind of mold you pour into. If you have molds for CP/HP soaps, M&P might leak out because it's so thin.

ok cool. must remember that. i was thinking because the girls are going to do it ( aged 11 and 16) that they might like to do individual molds but i will see how it goes

I find that if I'm doing designs it's really hard to cut slices from a loaf to quite get the cuts between the embeds just right. If you're doing just colors, sure, that will work. For anything more intricate I always use individual molds, like a mold that will hold 12 4x4 squares.

I found a great silicone loaf pan at a kitchen supply store - works absolutely perfectly for M&P! The tricky part comes with trying to cut even slices...:p Good luck!

I make most of my m&p in a loaf mold. I use a plastic miter box from Home Depot. I also use a long straight edge knife to cut. They cut perfully and will no effort at all. I can set the cutting size I want. I haven't had any problems.

I make my soaps in a silicon loaf pan. When I turn it out, it's do easy to do so .

I measure my soap( length) and know what thickness I want, then measure with ruler . Cut with ridged ( wavy) soap cutter .

Do pretty

Good luck

MP loaf

I use a silicone mold I found on Amazon. I tried only using 2 pounds of base but actually 2 1/2 pounds works best for full size bars. Been using wavy cutter or miter box as well. I do a cranberry orange swirl with pearly white mica that looks and smells great. Look forward to layering colors next.

Latest posts

Back