Can TD turn bad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hi , I made a batch of white soaps — Dove dupe . I used my TD after a long time .. TD looks perfectly white when used in my soap the soap turned off white can it be anything else ? I used fresh milk and fresh cream .. any help is appreciated . Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7154.jpeg
    IMG_7154.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
TD doesn't "go bad" -- that's not the cause of your problem.

"...can it be anything else ?..."

Milk and butter can easily discolor your soap, however. Since you didn't share your recipe, it's impossible to know, but I suppose there might be other ingredients that contributed to the discoloration.

I usually put my milk/cream soap in the freezer for a couple of days. I don't let it gel. Gelling is caused by the soap heating up during the saponification process, which in turn can discolor soap made with milk or cream.

Did your soap go through gel phase?
Yes it did

Just popping in to say your soap looks great!
Thank you .. I am almost sold out too 😄

I usually put my milk/cream soap in the freezer for a couple of days. I don't let it gel. Gelling is caused by the soap heating up during the saponification process, which in turn can discolor soap made with milk or cream.
Okay ,, thank you will try it the next time .. I normally put the milk soaps in the fridge .. this time I assumed TD .. so it will be good .. but I guess I am wrong

TD doesn't "go bad" -- that's not the cause of your problem.

"...can it be anything else ?..."

Milk and butter can easily discolor your soap, however. Since you didn't share your recipe, it's impossible to know, but I suppose there might be other ingredients that contributed to the discoloration.
Hello DeeAnn..My recipe has — coconut, rice bran , palm , palm K , castor , butters .. Illippe, mango and shea & 10% SF with fresh cream ..these are the extras I added to the soap - s citrate , TD , kaolin clay , . I just cannot get what went wrong .. is it the rice bran ?? I infused my rice bran with chrysanthemum.. it is a lovely yellow and thought the yellow would look great if it came through soaponification ..

Latest posts

Back