Camel hump fat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qadelq

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I try to made soap from hump fat, can anyone give me the properties the hump fat ? i search on all soap calc but all they not contain camel fat or tallow in their list.

Thanks

NaOH Sap is .144 approx. I Carrot Seed Oil for the sap in soapee. Can I ask where you found Camel Hump Fat? Maybe you have a better source than I have found.

in my country (libya) is available and very cheap

"I Carrot Seed Oil for the sap in soapee" do you mean I select Carrot Seed Oil in soapee when I use hump fat ?

many thanks

in my country (libya) is available and very cheap

"I Carrot Seed Oil for the sap in soapee" do you mean I select Carrot Seed Oil in soapee when I use hump fat ?

many thanks
You are lucky to be able to acquire Camel Fat cheap, we pay a fortune for it in the US. Yes, select Carrot Seed Oil. I do not make 100% Hump Fat soap (only 20%) mainly because of cost, but would love to hear it you try it. Bet it would make a really nice soap and I need to visit Libya :D

You are lucky to be able to acquire Camel Fat cheap, we pay a fortune for it in the US. Yes, select Carrot Seed Oil. I do not make 100% Hump Fat soap (only 20%) mainly because of cost, but would love to hear it you try it. Bet it would make a really nice soap and I need to visit Libya :D

Thank you, I'll share with you the result of my test

Welcome qadelq!

Last Christmas our local Trader Joe's sold a castile soap made with camel milk....and I really liked it! It was great for dry winter skin. I meant to try and copy it, but forgot...have to put that on my list.

Welcome qadelq!

Last Christmas our local Trader Joe's sold a castile soap made with camel milk....and I really liked it! It was great for dry winter skin. I meant to try and copy it, but forgot...have to put that on my list.
Problem is, the milk is $32 per pint. We have to purchase from a Broker out of Santa Monica. There is a Camel Farm in the San Diego area but they are not allowed to sell the milk. They do make and sell soap from their Camel's Milk

How is the soap at 20%? better to use the milk or the fat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem is, the milk is $32 per pint. We have to purchase from a Broker out of Santa Monica. There is a Camel Farm in the San Diego area but they are not allowed to sell the milk. They do make and sell soap from their Camel's Milk

I think that's the place we drive by on the way up to Julian - always meant to stop, but you have to book in advance.

It's been a long time since I tried a powdered milk in soap; does it create that stinky smell that liquid soap does?

Oh lord, just visited their website: they sell a serum of 75% raw milk, but no preservative listed on the label...

Last edited:
I put 8 oz milk and 20% fat in my soaps now and love them. I found even 8 oz of the camel milk which is half my liquid requirement made a very nice soap. I also purchase these
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C1PDF2H/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://desertfarms.com/ this is where I purchased the fat and liquid milk. It really is cheaper to use the powder

Im afraid to ask how they get the fat? What do you put on the label for Camel fat? I would think people think like me - like hey thats gross lol. But even when they know my soap has lard they freak out. They have no idea what great soap it makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's the place we drive by on the way up to Julian - always meant to stop, but you have to book in advance.

It's been a long time since I tried a powdered milk in soap; does it create that stinky smell that liquid soap does?

Oh lord, just visited their website: they sell a serum of 75% raw milk, but no preservative listed on the label...
Yes that is the one I was thinking of. That serum sounds very gross, but then I do not use gm lotions either. Just never liked the thought of raw milk as a lotion. The powdered does not get stinky, but I do not add my milks to my lye either, I add them to my oil

Im afraid to ask how they get the fat? What do you put on the label for Camel fat? I would think people think like me - like hey thats gross lol. But even when they know my soap has lard they freak out. They have no idea what great soap it makes.
Quite sure you know how they acquire the fat :nodding:. I label it as hump fat :rolleyes:

NaOH Sap is .144 approx. I Carrot Seed Oil for the sap in soapee. Can I ask where you found Camel Hump Fat? Maybe you have a better source than I have found.
Why do you say carrot seed oil? Arent there any fats that are closer in properties than carrot seed?

Latest posts

Back