Calendula Soap Scent?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SplendorSoaps

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a calendula soap next, but I'm not sure what to do about he fragrance. For anyone who has used calendula, does it scent the finished soaps at all? The dried petals I bought don't have much of a fragrance. I was planning on infusing the oil with the petals, straining it, and them maybe adding some fresh petals to the mix for texture (and a few on top to make it look pretty).

Thanks all! I love the look of the calendula petals, but I really like some fragrance in my soaps too. Maybe I'll try something citrussy (is that a word?) like Obsidian suggested. Thanks again!

Hello! You might also be interested in a peach or a pineapple scent. The bits of the Calendula petals can give an impression of these as well. There are different suppliers that have these fragrances. I do not use them so I can not give you a good recommendation. ...Just giving you another idea to consider.

Latest posts

Back