Buying lye

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapsmurf

Reaction score
I know there is a recommended suppliers section of this board, but it doesn't seem like many frequent it.

I need to buy more lye and was thinking of getting it from Essential Depot, but I've read mixed reviews about this company. Has anyone dealt w/ them? Thanks.

That is where I just got 10 jars from. They were quick to process & ship the order. I had no problems and intend to use them next time I need lye.

I have done business with Essential Depot twice with great results and very fast shipping. And I think it's among the cheapest.

I've bought from Essential depot the last three times, he's about the lowest price around and has fast shipping. I bought 32 lbs from him last shipment.

Yeah ED is fast. Between them and Wellington Fragrances my Fed-Ex guy must think I all of a sudden opened a drug lab or something with all the stuff I've been getting lately. He even commented on it the other day.

I had to laugh. Especially since I know he has seen the police car sitting in my driveway when the hubby or I have a take home unit. :lol:

I've been buying from essential depot for some time now. Fast shipping and no problems. Good quality lye at a reasonable price...especially if you buy 10 lbs or more. But even with lesser orders, they're hard to beat.

I would in the phone book for chemical suppliers. Call around and see if they sell lye, they may call it caustic soda. A lot of plumbing equipment companies will carry it too. I buy my lye from a company a few miles from me at $35 per 50lbs.

Latest posts

Back