buttermilk and honey bastile- cut pic added :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that looks like creamy loveliness-beautiful tops, too.
Please post sliced pics.
Can I ask you about your mold? Does it give you roughly the same size slices as with a standard #2 wood mold? I would love to pick up one of those for when I just don't feel like lining.

thanks everyone. the tops were an accident. i was trying to do a lynn top but then i realized they would be too tall for my boxes if i did that so i had to plop the mold down a few time and flatten them out.
Can I ask you about your mold? Does it give you roughly the same size slices as with a standard #2 wood mold? I would love to pick up one of those for when I just don't feel like lining.
i never used a wooden mold so i couldnt tell you. i can tell you that i used 27 oz of oils and 29% buttermilk.

i spent the rest of today at the High Museum walking around then went grocery shopping. i am so tired if i cut them now, i will probably mess them up so i will cut them tomorrow. :)

here's a cut pic. i need to clean up the edges but want to wait til they have hardened a bit. the scent came out really nice but is a bit over powered by the ammonia smell from the milk. that will fade though.

the scent is like baby bath with a hint of lavender

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i poured at a somewhat thick trace, (cake batter consistency) and then i just played with it until i had something i likes. i used a pointed mini spatula to do this one.

Those look fantastic! Very creamy looking. How do you get yours cut so smooth and straight? I use a guide and mine still come out mangled looking. :lol:

i use a cheese cutter and i have a piece of duct tape set across the end at 1 inch. i also have a line going down longways that i line my soap up against before i cut anything so that the log is always lined up against 2 straight lines then i cut very carefully. i was really happy with how straight and smooth the cuts came out this time.

this was an CPOP batch and i left the oven on until i had nearly 100% gel then i turned the oven off and left it in there until i cut 2 dys later.

Thanks for replying. I've heard people saying they've used cheese cutters but I've never been able to find one which would work. Where did you get yours?

Hazel said:
Thanks for replying. I've heard people saying they've used cheese cutters but I've never been able to find one which would work. Where did you get yours?

another wonderful soaper gave it to me. i will see if i can find out what company it is from to show you.

Your soap looks great cut!

I bought a cheese cutter from ebay and it came with three spare pieces of wire. It cuts great. Think I'll try your idea with the tape, as that may help me get a straighter cut.

the duct tape also gives just enough edge to kind stop the soap when it wants to keep sliding

Back