Business 350

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Well since we never got our group together... with partners and all.. and being in school.. hmm.. I may not have time.

SO!

One of my courses this semester is ...........
Business 350 Small Business Management/Entreprenuership

I didnt want to take it at night, so I took it online instead. It is VERY VERY INTERESTING SO FAR!

So, this is what I wanted to do.
I get weekly questions from my professor.. And we have to respond to her with good clean opinions, statements, facts, etc on the subject. Since no one in my class does with I do. I wanted to list questions here each week and analyze them with all of you.. and it also may help you out as well... relating to our industry... How about it!

I have 2 questions. Answer them with complete sentences, an opinion and facts or quotes to back it up..

Question 1
How important is personal fulfillment to you? Has it impacted your choices in education and career possibilites? How can a career in entreprenuership address this issue?

Question 2
Many see every small business as a high-potential venture. How realistic is that? Are most small businesses high-potential ventures or do they tend to be less lucrative?

Since this is a REAL course I am taking currently, I am writing my answers out, and looking up facts etc. I will list my answer here, as well as in my class discussion..

Good Luck!

Question 1
How important is personal fulfillment to you? Has it impacted your choices in education and career possibilites? How can a career in entreprenuership address this issue?

I believe that personal fulfillment is one of the main reasons anyone does anything. If you are not going to get something out of whatever you're doing, why do it? When making a decision on a career or education, I personally ask myself, will I be happy doing this or will it make me dread getting up in the morning? If you are not happy or at the very least content in your situation it will affect everything else in your life (sort of like a dominoe effect)physical health, mental health, etc. A career in entrepreneuership addressed this issue in providing a means of sustance while doing something that makes one feel fulfilled.

Question 2
Many see every small business as a high-potential venture. How realistic is that? Are most small businesses high-potential ventures or do they tend to be less lucrative?

Every small business has the potential to grow into something else. Just the idea that there is room for growth proves that. Small business may seem less lucrative, but that may be based more on schemantics rather than the business itself. Proper planning, good management, knowledge of the business, sound judgement, good records, etc. all help in making/keeping a business lucrative. Even large coporations go "belly-up" without those things.

Hope this helps.

Pink

Back