Bubblebar question for those of you who make 'em...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
I made some two days ago, and they're perfect (bubbles like CRAZY!) except that when I crumble them into the tub, they take slightly longer than I'd like to fully dissolve. They are also a little tougher to break in half than LUSH's. Is this because they need to dry out more (they're totally dry to the touch), or I compacted them too hard...or.....what? Too much glycerine? It's really not even a big deal. It's not like it's in the tub for days, but I noticed that Lush's dissolve pretty much as soon as they hit the water. Inquiring minds wanna know. :D

I use:
Sodium laurel sulfoacetate
Cream ' o tartar
Sodium bicarbonate
Cocomide DEA
Cocamidopropylshoobiedoobiedoo Bentaine
Veggie glycerine
Wilton gel colors (maybe this?)
FOs

Thanks!

:lol: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You seriously crack me up LJA

That's fantastic.. but i've never heard of a bubble bar and i'm assuming by reading your post it's like a bubble bath then you just break the bar apart and through into zee bath and BOOM BUBBLES GALORE!![/quote]

rupertspal42 said:
:lol: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH You seriously crack me up LJA

That's fantastic.. but i've never heard of a bubble bar and i'm assuming by reading your post it's like a bubble bath then you just break the bar apart and through into zee bath and BOOM BUBBLES GALORE!!
[/quote]

Yeah, Rupert. Have you ever been to Lush? It's a solid bubble bath that you crumble under the bath tap and they make TONS of bubbles. They're kinda fun. I dunno what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I'm molding and packing them too tight. I made them again since my first post and same thing...you'll break a hand trying to crumble them.

oooooooo I only looked at their stuff once and was like whoa.. i'm going to exit this page lmao i'll look at it tonight though! It seems pretty interesting

Back