Bubble Bath Play Doh?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellajoan

Reaction score
LUSH has a product called "Fun," that is like a bubble bath play doh that can be used for soap or bubble bath. Does anyone have a recipe for something similar to this? I'd love to try to make some.

I don't see a preseverative in this list, don't you think a product like this would need one?

There have been complaints from Lush customers that their "fun" was growing mould- I would probably use a preservative to be on the safe side!

I never know which preseverative to use for which products. Any preseverative suggestions?

I made a cheater version once, I was playing so I did not write down amounts, but what I did was, I was making a whipped soap (the kind where you use 80% butters and 20% oils) and just whip it all without melting. I used shea butter and hydrogonized soy, with coconut oil 15% and castor 5%. After adding the lye and mixing with my cake mixer, not stick blender, it is like the texture of really thick pancake syrup.

I then took the soap and poured into the mold as always and had some left over, so I took some baby wash (johnson and johnson) and dumped a good squirt into about 4 oz of soap, threw in some color and mixed it up. I let it sit for a while and it hardened up some but never got hard like the regular soap from the same batch, I presume because of the baby wash. I still have that blob of soap and its been over a yr and its still the texture of playdough. So make a little extra of your next batch and shoot some baby wash in once its a really thick trace and see what happens.

I never know which preseverative to use for which products. Any preseverative suggestions?

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down, on the right side there is a column with all sorts of information. Click on one that says "Preservatives". Susan can tell you which preservatives work best for which applications and the pros and cons of each.

I don't see a preseverative in this list, don't you think a product like this would need one?

Its just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing you could use vitamin e as a preservative since there is no water being added, its mostly oil, I made a recipe very similar to this for my version, I call PLAY CLAY© MINUS A COUPLE OF INGREDIENTS, IT WORKS GREAT, AND IT ALSO DOUBLES AS A BUBBLE BAR /SOLID BUBBLE BATH, INSTEAD OF WRAPPING UP OR KEEPING IT SEALED, YOU JUST MAKE YOUR SHAPE, or roll out and roll intonlogs , cut it and leave exposed to air for a few days, it dries and works just like the bubble bars, but I add cocoamide DEA to make the bubbles last longer that's it, you guys should try it and let me know how you like it.

Back