Book suggestion please for EO/aromatherapy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jezzy

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good book with recipies for mixing eo's i just looked on Amazon and there are sooooo many!

I want to start using more EO's and don't want to waste a lot of oil by just mixing and am looking for guidance.

What are your favorite combinations?

Could you also tell me which soaping book Is your personal favorite?

Thanks a lot!

I do not personally have this book but it was highly recommended by the owner of a local aromatheraphy/essential oil shop in my area as being very informative about essential oils, their applications as far as treating ailments and restrictions (such as causing photosensitivity, not to use if pregnant, diabetic, etc) The name of the book is Essential Oil Pocket Reference Guide Book, 4th Edition. Since I have not examined the book, I do not know if it offers suggestions for creating a combination of scents.

Jezzy said:
Can anyone suggest a good book with recipies for mixing eo's i just looked on Amazon and there are sooooo many!

I want to start using more EO's and don't want to waste a lot of oil by just mixing and am looking for guidance.

What are your favorite combinations?

Could you also tell me which soaping book Is your personal favorite?

Thanks a lot!

When I am looking for inspiration I use :-

http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/infocenter ... select.php

............and it's free :)

ETA
Select one EO to find what blends well with it, or select 2 or more for blend recipes which include those oils. Read the descriptions, then click on the one you like for the actual recipe. Nothing could be easier.

Thanks! I will check that out.

I ordered the Jeanne Rose book! For 2 euros! Sometimes it pays being an american in Germany! Cheep english books! :lol:

If you want to get really in depth try the Essential Oils Desk Reference. There is a lot of info in this book and I use it constantly. The pocket reference is a condensed companion book to this which is the ultimate (as far as I have found and do have many others) on EO's. This is a large book though and wouldn't be as cheap. There is an EO for everything!

What is the name of the book PrairieCraft?

MagiaDellaLuna I have been playing with the link you sent! How cool is that! Thanks again!

Jezzy said:
MagiaDellaLuna I have been playing with the link you sent! How cool is that! Thanks again!

You are most welcome. You did ask about favourite blends ?
This is my favourite and currently my best seller.

http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/infocenter ... hp?BID=944

Another classic Aromatherapy book is "The Fragrant Pharmacy" by Valerie Ann Worwood.

I am going to have to try that one!

I just mixed up a batch of bath salts ( no time to soap ) i used
3 parts patchouli
1 part spearmint
1 part cedar

that smells really good too!

Jezzy said:
I am going to have to try that one!

I just mixed up a batch of bath salts ( no time to soap ) i used
3 parts patchouli
1 part spearmint
1 part cedar

that smells really good too!

This sounds like it would be a good blend for male type soap too. I always struggle to find blends that are suitable for males, so I will try this one.

This is a link to a book which I would love to buy.

http://aromatherapy4soul.com/book.htm

She seems to be taking a different approach to Aromatherapy.

The spearmint can be exchanged with peppermint according to the book. Another one that I found on the link you sent that I am going to try is
5 parts Bergamotte
2 parts lime
2 parts patchouli
5 parts sandelwood

why oh why did I buy sooooo many FO's :oops:

i will check out that book link later! :)

I use one for men 5 parts lime EO, 3 parts Vanilla EO and 2 parts Ylang Ylang, call it Sassy summer nights, also use 50/50 Sandalwood and Vanilla and call it Sultry Summer Nights, both are suitable for men

Latest posts

Back