body butter--first attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmg1177

Reaction score
So excited my first attempt at body butter! Can I store it in the fridge? Or where is the best place??? :D :D :D :D

I have mine on the coffee table. You should not need to store it in the fridge, unless it is unbearably hot. Even then, the only time I had it melt was when I put it outside in the middle of summer in the heat.

Great thanks! I used Fresh Baked Bread FO and added some cinnomin to make it Cinnomin Bread! Smells fabulous!! I'm going to buy Banana FO next add to the Fresh Baked Bread FO!! It was a lot of fun! When I tried it, it was a little on the oily feeling side though. The ingrediants were: 4 oz of Shea butter, 1.5 ounces of JoJoba oil and 0.5 oz of Vitamin E. Is there anyway to make it a little less greasy? :wink:

Sounds great ,a tsp of cornstarch ppo will help the greasy factor . I just made some with jojoba and had to add another 1/2 tsp cornstarch .

Kitn

I leave mine out so it's always handy. The only time I've ever refrigerated is during summer here in hades when the a/c was out for awhile! :lol: Adding a bit of Dryflo will help the greasies, or cornstarch.

Back