Blueberries and Cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool beans! Definitely putting that on my shopping list!

How do you use it? Mix it in water? & how much per pound of oil did you use?

Thanks for your help! Color is an area that still makes me a fraidy-cat! :lol:

SoapyGal said:
How do you use it? Mix it in water? & how much per pound of oil did you use?

I used 1 TB in 32 oz of oils, I believe. After mixing the oils, I pulled out 2 TB of oil from the pot to mix with the pigment. I added the lye solution to the oils and then added the pigment mixture to the batch at close to trace.

SoapyGal said:
Color is an area that still makes me a fraidy-cat!

I know what you mean. I'm never quite sure exactly how it will turn out!

Yes! Excellent results for a newbie! That is just awesome looking soap! Did you do this Hot Process? I never could figure out if layers can be made just doing CP.

Again, beautiful! :D

Thanks Coral and Sharon!

jadiebugs1 said:
Did you do this Hot Process? I never could figure out if layers can be made just doing CP.

Nope, this was all CP. I did the bottom layer first, poured it in the mold. Then I mixed the top layer and poured it over the first layer. That's it!

Cool! You'll have to let me (us) know if it stays together......

Did you let the first layer harden at all? How did you keep the top layer from mixing with the bottom one when you poured it? Like, was it all the same recipe and you just divided it....or is it two entirely two different batches of soap?

It was two different batches of soap, same recipe. I made the first batch and poured in the mold. Then I washed all my pots and everything, made the second batch, and by the time I was ready to pour, the first batch had hardened enough so that the second batch wouldn't go through. Paul had said that he's done it that way so I tried it. And it worked!

jadiebugs1 said:
Cool! You'll have to let me (us) know if it stays together......

Will do! I can't wait to try it. It's in the lineup for about 2 weeks from now. I have so many batches made now that I need to try!

I just poured today's batch, "Mohito", at my boyfriend's request. Hmmm, we'll see how that one turns out!

Mohito or mojito? :) Just checked... Same thing. I think mojito may be more authentic because it looks more Cuban to me.

You're making mojito soap and I'm making piña colada soap. :) Must be some kind of synchronicity going on today! :)

I have no idea how to spell it. MY favorite drink is an Amaretto Sour (also on the list to soap!)

Funny thing, I've been wanting to try pina colada as well! Tell me how yours turns out!

Latest posts

Back