Blackseed?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
I picked up a bar of this on amazon while I was buying shampoo bars for our spring break trip. What is the deal with blackseed oil? And black seeds? This little bar of soap makes alot of " promises". Thanks!!!

Scent wise, the oil is described as a cross between cummin and oregano.

The oil is supposed good for skin conditions like acne, dry skin, and has antifungal properties. However, its a stretch to claim medicinal benefits for a soap made with it since (a) the lye monster is a ravenous beasty that eats what it will and (b) how long does soap sit on your skin before you wash it off?

Here's the link with the info I found on the oil:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/black-seed-oil
But you have to tell us what you think of the soap when you try it.

Last edited:
Scent wise, the oil is described as a cross between cummin and oregano.

The oil is supposed good for skin conditions like acne, dry skin, and has antifungal properties. However, its a stretch to claim medicinal benefits for a soap made with it since (a) the lyr monster is a ravenous beasty that eats what it will and (b) how long does soap sit on your skin before you wash it off?

Here's the link with the info I found on the oil:
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/black-seed-oil
But you have to tell us what you think of the soap when you try it.
Thank you! Will do!

Nigella makes for a great topping for flatbread and rolls. Anything beyond that? Well, scroll through that website, you'll find a lot of “May…”'s. Decide for yourself if you want to believe it. Be aware that it's your belief that is effective, not the botanical. Keep in mind that the whole “X is good for/against Y” mindset is an opinion (reductionism), and might distract you from a more fundamental understanding of what health actually is.

Back