Black and white (kind of) soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeners

Reaction score
One of my latest soaps. wish the black and white actually looked like that....other than beige and grey. haha. maybe it's the goats milk? scented with lavender and tea tree EO. smells amazing!

DSC_0901a.jpg

I like them. They remind me of black and white cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I like them! The middle one is great, a version of jin&jang :)

Now I want to eat black and white cookies! I'm still trying to figure out the best black and white method myself. I do a lot of milk soaps so I never get a pure white soap, usually more cream colored. Feeling inspired though!

Now I want to eat black and white cookies! I'm still trying to figure out the best black and white method myself. I do a lot of milk soaps so I never get a pure white soap, usually more cream colored. Feeling inspired though!

Activated charcoal makes a beautiful shiny black soap. If you are not opposed to using lard it will greatly add to making white soap. I use Pure Olive (from Costco) which is light in color, sunflower oil, castor, coconut and lard for my white soap with some oil based titanium dioxide.

Thanks cmzaha. I haven't tried activated charcoal yet. I do enjoy using lard, you can't beat it for lather and hardness. I've never used titanium dioxide either. Looks like I'm going shopping when we get paid again!

I used activated charcoal, and I guess I didn't use enough b/c it turned out to be that grey....wasn't the black I wanted.... how much charcoal do you use to get it dark and shiny?

Thanks cmzaha. I haven't tried activated charcoal yet. I do enjoy using lard, you can't beat it for lather and hardness. I've never used titanium dioxide either. Looks like I'm going shopping when we get paid again!

I only use activated charcoal for true black. Even high lard percentage with coconut oil will give a gorgeous white bar of soap. I happen to love lard and coconut oil soap and do not find it hash.

Back