Big plastic storage containers for foaming bath butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

This week, I am planning on making up a big batch of my own foaming bath butter base, so that I can stop buying it from elsewhere (that stuff is expensive, but it's also my family's favorite all-time soap). Since I won't be using it all at once but rather pulling it out to use when we are running low, I'd like to find a good storage container solution. I could go with a regular ole plastic bucket, but I really don't want something quite that large and unwieldy. Does anyone here make product bases and, if so, may I ask how you store them? Thank you so much!

I store my sugar scrub in 2 gallon bucket so it’s ready to fragrance and color. I don’t however make it a long time in advance. Maybe a month or so. It’s not too big and hold enough.

I also make foaming bath ships/butter base. It’s so much cheaper than buying the base online!! I store mine in empty 1 gallon coconut oil buckets. Also, my emulsified sugar scrub base and soap paste get stored in them as well.

I also make foaming bath ships/butter base. It’s so much cheaper than buying the base online!! I store mine in empty 1 gallon coconut oil buckets. Also, my emulsified sugar scrub base and soap paste get stored in them as well.

Amy, that’s a great idea to use empty coconut oil buckets! Thank you!

@DisneyMom and @Amy78130

May I ask where you found your recipes? I am trying to make a foaming sugar scrub and have struggled to find resources.

Thank you!
Of course!! I based my formula on make your own buzz formula found here:
https://www.makeyourown.buzz/foaming-bath-whip/
It doesn't use percentages though, which is why I used theirs to make my own. I like to make different batch sizes based on what I'm making and that's impossible without percentages! I can share mine with the percentages if you'd like, I'll post my foaming sugar scrub in a few!

Of course!! I based my formula on make your own buzz formula found here:
https://www.makeyourown.buzz/foaming-bath-whip/
It doesn't use percentages though, which is why I used theirs to make my own. I like to make different batch sizes based on what I'm making and that's impossible without percentages! I can share mine with the percentages if you'd like, I'll post my foaming sugar scrub in a few!
So my notes say that I used 90% foaming bath whip, 8% oil and 2% fragrance or essential oil. I usually add half the amount of my recipe in sugar, but you can just feel it out for the right consistency.

Back