big & fat orange/patchouli m&p bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very pretty ...I love the way the colors just drift ...you never know what is coming until you cut it... :wink:

I absolutely LOVE that! The lower part looks just like when milk mixes with tea or coffee (which always fascinates me because it's so pretty), do you know of a tutorial of how to do this?

rileylite said:
I absolutely LOVE that! The lower part looks just like when milk mixes with tea or coffee (which always fascinates me because it's so pretty), do you know of a tutorial of how to do this?

Thanks for the compliment!
I don't know of a tutorial specifically for this, but I know Soap Queen has a bunch. What I can tell you about, is the way that I do it, and it's all about the soap temps!

If you want defined swirls like this, make sure the bottom layer has a thin skin on it before you pour over it. If it doesn't have the skin, everything sort of blends together too much, and if its too set-up, it just makes a distinct layer. If it feels too set-up, you can also take a knife or spatula and break through the layer before you pour again, if that makes sense?

Latest posts

Back