Best quality ingredients, RBD, organic... questions.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about all the air that the seed oils are exposed to while being squeezed and tossed and rotated, etc during processing.

How is it different to other oil extractions, and why would some seeds still have different rancidity than others?

Do you live near a Costco's or Sam's club by any chance? I usually buy olive oil and coconut oil in bulk a Costco for a decent price. I think I picked up a big bottle of avocado oil from there once too. I believe their coconut oil is USDA certified, and I think they sell USDA EVOO as well. Might be worth looking at.

Whole Foods also sells quite a wide variety of organic/non-GMO cooking oils as well. Their cosmetic oils are nice, but tend to be more expensive. They sell butters in small amounts as well, but I've no idea about the quality.

I get olive oil from Costco. Best price I've found. :)

I know this thread is a bit old (I found it through a search), but I had to giggle at some of the Burt's Bees comments. That poor guy was ousted from his own company (for personal, not business reasons) and whoever said he doesn't even use the money he was given - that's pretty much accurate. For a while, he was living in a chicken coop! I think he has upgraded since then, but he still doesn't have running water in his "house".

My son ran into him on Maine Maple Sunday a little bit ago, and had a great little conversation with him about this and that. As they finished talking, he shook my son's hand and says "By the way, I'm Burt. Nice to meet you."

LOL. He thought my son didn't know who he was - my son had just watched a documentary about him a few nights prior.

Burt's a funny guy.

Latest posts

Back