Best economical laundry soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuckoo Bananas

Reaction score
What's the best recipe for laundry soap?

I haven't had any dodgy batches for a while to use up in the laundry so I buy laundry soap from the supermarket and grate it down with water to make soap jelly which I then use in my washing machine.

It works out about $0.50 a bar for supermarket laundry soap.... so I wouldn't want to spend any more than that in planned CP laundry soap. Also would be good to have some really hard laundry bars for using pre wash that I can rub on stains or use with hand washing.....

I have a bar of 100% coconut that I use for stains. I guess if price is a consideration, and you're using the soap up fairly quickly, then perhaps whichever oil is cheapest? I just use spare soaps to make my laundry soap gel, and it doesn't seem to matter which I use.

I use like the nds I trim off when cutting batch and any littlecrumbles. I also use little borax mixed in. Works well don't forget its a good idea use vingar in rinse cycle make sure avoid soap scum build up in clothes and washing machine.

Latest posts

Back