Before I attempt this CP...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the oven hopefully gellin'!
I should have taken a pic before it went in! I think that things went reasonably well, considering the size of the mold isn't quite right. The batter stayed pretty fluid for the duration. I FORGOT THE FRAGRANCE!
I had made a bit extra batter to experiment in the cavity molds, some look good, some not so much (started to thicken by then).

Any idea where to get the mold shown in the video?

Google 'clear acrylic soap molds' and you get tons of results so finding a vendor and price acceptable to you might be easy enough. Well, price-wise, they are generally pretty expensive, though.

IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3139.JPG
:(:(Ugh!! I got BUBBLES!! Whereas I'm happy with my first swirling experiment, I'm #%€£*€¥!!! About the bubbles!!!!

Thank you SO much, yes it was FUN!! I love hp, but my complaint is that it's SO MUCH TIME with only about 2 minutes old design time! Not enough! Granted, this took me a LONG time today from measuring and cutting cardboard, trying to be sure that I had the right %'s of colors to base, AND procrastinating because I was nervous!

I'm looking forward to unmolding the loaf tomorrow to see what I get!

Question... I wanted the base color a lot lighter pink, but I discovered that mixing TD (says water soluble) with the mica in oil may not have been a good idea. I wanted to use more white in it, but I was afraid it was going to get clumpy. What does one do? NOT lighten with TD,or mix TD and mica with water?

I usually just add less mica for a lighter color. You can mix mica with water. To get the best results with TD or white mica, use a stick blender to mix it in.

I should have just used less mica, as you say. I was afraid of stick blending because I didn't want it to get any thicker. I did notice little chunks of the TD which I HOPEFULLY got all worked out. I guess I'll really be able to see when I unmold the big one tomorrow.
The TD came from nurture soaps.

IMG_3143.PNG
THIS seems to be the right size, with the width being 2x the length for 2 squares. Pricey though, and a center divider would be nice! 3.5 x 7, almost $60 and out of stock!
I need to get my husband to make me something!

View attachment 28539 THIS seems to be the right size, with the width being 2x the length for 2 squares. Pricey though, and a center divider would be nice! 3.5 x 7, almost $60 and out of stock!
I need to get my husband to make me something!
They are out of business at this time. The one I posted is a great little mold. You can purchase TD is three different forms, water, or a water or oil dispersing td

I prefer to mix my TD alone, not mixed with mica. I buy TD that is water & oil soluble, so either works. It is also glycerin soluble, as I think all my colorants are. In any case, I don't mix the TD with mica, first. In the past I kept a bottle of TD already pre-mixed that I could use as needed, but I used it up and haven't prepared another bottle of it yet. Pre-mixed in a bottle like that, it's easy to squirt a little bit in a color I want to lighten.

Then some micas that look like they are going to be light, do end up much darker than expected. More often I run into micas being lighter than I want, so it always surprises me when they are much darker than expected. I had a 'mauve' mica give me a fairly deep dark red recently that really was a surprise. I guess that's the reason some soapers do color tests when they start using a new vendor for colorants.

I looked at that several times, but I can't find the dimensions! I might have been too tired, I'll look again!
Click on the picture and you get a pop-up with 3 image options. The second option shows the measurements in mm. It looks like it's about the right size for 4 square bars of soap if filled to the top. A decent price for an acrylic mold.

Latest posts

Back