Beer soaps...? Men or women?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleine Teufel

Reaction score
I'm going to be making my first beer soap here in a hot minute. I was wondering though, I only have feminine scents... Do women tend to buy the beer soaps, or is it more for men? I know that it's just like any other soap, it doesn't matter your gender if you want to use it, just wondering, are women more likely to buy it for their own use or are more men going to use a beer soap?

My main line is beer soaps. 98% of sales are to women and almost all bar soap gets used by men. My beer shampoo might be close to 50% though. I use the same fragrance in both so go figure. I sell a lotion with this fragrance as well and that gets used by women 90% of the time.

Bruce

Both! Beer is amazing in soap! I scented mine with a Coconut Lime Verbena which I think is feminine (I used Corona - It is my Corona w/ lime).

I also do another Corona scented with Frozen Margarita and call it 'Lazy Baja Days' ;)

While I have stuck to scents that go well with beer, the properties beer brings to soap make it worth putting in every batch :)

or leave it unscented for your first one. you might like the plain smell!

i do for beer soaps. they smell a little different.

I use Sam adams cherry ale and the scent that comes through is amazing. It's very light...very earthy. My favorite of all of my soaps. I don't like heavily scented stuff so it's great.

I will sell my beer soaps this week end. I scented one of them with honey and nutmeg. Finally, it's the honey scent that is stronger... We will see if people like it... Good luck in your beer soap making. I loved making it.

soapbuddy said:
I have one type of beer soap right now and it sells the best to guys.

my beer soap is one of my buyers' favorites. i've done corona with lime, and recently some ales with cedarwood and citrus. and a pumpkin ale with pumpkin fo -- i prefer the eo's, but don't know yet what people are gonna like :) eager to hear the results of others' efforts!

What does beer do for the soap? Just curious. It has to be stale beer right? Do you have to cook the alcohol out first?

There is sugar in the beer. You have to leave it becoming flat and evaporate the alchool.

I am just back from a market sale and had new things. I must tell you that people did not like the idea of a "beer soap" at all.... I did not sell very much, but it was mostly to guys.

On my side, I had fun making beer soaps, but don't find it too appealing to use. I prefer sheep's milk and lavender or a good unscented butters and honey bar.

It's weird how the responses to beer soap seem to be so different. My cousin told me that her favorite shampoo ever was beer shampoo, and wants me to make her some now that she knows I'm making beer soap. My first beer soap was scented lightly with Orange and Clove oil. Smells good in my book, but my brother thinks it smells like an x-mas ornament, lol. Step-dad doesn't think it smells manly at all, but doesn't dislike the scent. I wonder if I could do a pure clove batch. I LOVE clove, just dunno if customers would, lol. I use Budweiser. I buy a six pack, cook two 16ozers down, and drink the rest, lol. Needless to say, I certainly like MAKING the soap!

I am going to try a small batch with beer that a friend of mine makes and scent it with cedar as someone suggested. I LOVE Cedar!!

That's something I had not done either but I made my beer soap with cold and hot process soap (oven) and it went very well !

When you have done yours, please tell us about it ok ? I'm interested.

Hey girl, you are in Germany !!! Mein got, lucky you are. Are you in Berlin ? I have been very often in Berlin since the last 10 years and I met a girl who was working, and had her workshop in a big soap and beauty product store. I asked her where she was buying her honey f.o. and we realized that we had the same supplier in USA for it.
I would like to move in Berlin... !!!! At least for one year. If not in Berlin, in which city are you, if you don't mind telling ?

I am an American living in southern Germany in a very small town named Denkingen. Far far away from Berlin ;-)

Jezzy said:
Ok! I will! Is beer soap better made when hp? Just curious!

I don't think it makes a difference. I did my batchs as HP because I wanted to try soap in the crockpot and also because I was impatient to use them. :D The next time I make a batch I'm going to do it CP.

Latest posts

Back