BB's Skin Firming Gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
Lin, it's on days like those when I decide NOT to make soap or do anything else that is too dependent on being well co-ordinated.
Ditto! I figure my guides are giving me a head's up -- don't want to ignore that! :D

Back to our regular programing...
Today I'm making one of my favorite recipes from an early Bramble Berry blogspot called "Teach Soap". Once applied, this gel cream smooths and tightens facial skin -- barely perceptible (no miracles here) but others seem to notice and comment. I especially like the feel and use it day and night, even if I'm not wearing makeup.

http://teachsoap.com/2012/03/21/easy-soap-recipes/

SKIN FIRMING GEL – using CroThix
CroThix has a secondary use as a skin firming agent. (Its primary use is as a thickening agent in liquid soaps, and shampoos.) Here is an easy gel that you can make that is good for all skin types, using jojoba makes a non-comedogenic cream that won’t clog your pores. (CroThix may be purchased at Bramble Berry Soap Making Supplies) This makes four 4-ounce containers of gel-crème.

Water 13 oz.

Glycerin 0.5 oz.

Emulsifying Wax or Ceteryl Alcohol 1 oz.

CroThix 0.7 oz.

Jojoba Oil 0.6 oz.

Germaben II or Phenonip 0.16 oz.

Fragrance or Essential Oil 0.16 – 0.5 oz.

Heat water and glycerin to 170°F and set aside. Heat the E-wax until melted and add to the CroThix and Jojoba. Stir. Add the water and glycerin to the E-wax, CroThix and Jojoba. Mix until the creme is 105°F (or less). Add fragrance and preservative. Package in jars or squeezable container. Apply under make up for a more smooth application or as a night creme.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back