Bay Laurel seed oil soap~help please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyprince

Reaction score
I have just made some soap using bay laurel seed oil.Actually it is not essential oil,it is the oil which is produced by pressing or boiling the seeds of bay laurel.I used approximately 10% Bay Laurel Oil in the soap.Now it is not hard enough.I am waiting for it to harden.It is still very soft.I wonder if anyone knows about &/made this kind of soap.What is the SAP value?Does it take long time the soap to harden?
Any information will be appreciated...
Thanks...

it brings to mind Aleppo soap, which you can also get in Marseille. I believe that soap uses the seed oil, although I'm not 100% sure on that.

Bay adds something incredibly wonderful to soap. I make one soap with the e.o., and I infuse the olive oil with bay and also make a bay "tea" for the liquid. But I have never seen bay seed oil sold.

sorry I can't help--maybe others can chime in here?

I would recommend letting it sit a couple of weeks before judging it though. Amazing, the effect of time on soap.

i am just wondering how you made soap with an oil that you don't have the sap # for? isn't that unsafe?

Aleppo was the first thing I thought of too. I googled it once and I think it was hot processed soap. Can't find my links at the moment sorry. :wink:

Latest posts

Back