Bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinful7

Reaction score
These were a lot of fun to make today! A nice break from cp

1407113784139.jpg

1407113796801.jpg

Looks like they turned out very nicely. I hope mine look that good when I make them soon :) I'm still trying to figure out my recipe to make some that are fizzy and make lots of bubbles too. Wish I could find a recipe that is ready to go but I have googled my fingers to death to no avail. There are recipes for fizzing ones and recipes for foaming ones but none that I can find to make a good fizzing bubble bath. Anywho, yours look great! Sorry I went off on a tangent there lol.

Lol that is OK, I am still tweaking my recipe and probably will be for a long time.

Its a mix of baking soda citric acid cornstarch (optional) and w/e additions scent/colors/oils you want to add. Very little liquid. I use a spray bottle with witch hazel in it. Then mold them up. PS.. You will know very quickly if you have added too much liquid :)

Those bombs look great. I know what you mean about the witch hazel. Gotta get it just right. Still a bit to humid here to be making bath bombs. Just don't turn out as nice IMO.

No humidity is not a friend to bath bombs!! Putting a fan on them until they harden really helps.

For fizziness yes I have a wonderful recipe, but I am working on a foaming/fizzy bath bomb as godschild has stated that isn't an easy thing to conquer. :) thank you for your kind words!

Hi Sinful7, I found a recipe on the internet and put it on my hard drive somewhere. I just have to find it. I'll share it when I do.

I found the recipe but I didn't save who posted it so I don't think it would be right to share it on here.

My early ones had some bumps I figured out it was too much moisture and put a fan on them

I never add much witch hazel, barely enough to make it stick. I have found humidity, or just making them slightly too wet really effects the final look of the product

I put some slsa in mine - it really makes a foaming difference. Yours came out so smooth! I'm still tweaking my recipe -have to make a bunch for gifts in the next couple of weeks.

They do look surberb. They also look really big! Someone came over and she made bath bombs for the first time. I've never made them at all. She tried 4 of the round ones, from a round ice cube mold I have. Only one held together and they were kind of denty. I have a great appreciation now for nice round smooth bath bombs, that's for sure.

Back