Bath bomb question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candysoaper

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My question for you is, what is the ideal humidity to produce bath bombs. I live in the Bahamas, so for the most part humidity is way of life, so I have to find a way to work with it.

I've been looking online and I can't find a definitive answer. Is 30% humidity ok? I plan on purchasing a hygrometer (measures humidity) and but I need to know what humidity will be ideal. Or will I have to figure with one out via trial and error, because the bath bombs I've been creating lately haven't been the ideal ones.

I will eventually purchase a dehumidifier but until then I would like to find a way to still make a quality product. Thanks in advance!

Candece

65% relative humidity is the maximum conditions in which I'll make bath bombs.

but 0% is ideal...

Thanks!! Well right now I'm at according to the weather channel 100% humidity...it's been raining today. So bath bombs are a no no.

If you have a/c then set one day aside to crank it on and give it several hours to work then make one batch and if all goes well, spend the rest of the day making them. Store in air tight containers.

You could always buy a dehumidifier and if that is to expensive you can always buy some Damp Rid.
I have used them in my basement and they seem to work for me. I don't know if it would work around the tropics
but in the summer time around here with 80-90% humidity they are pretty nice.

Back