Bath bomb colourants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest what types of colours work best in bath bombs?

I have used liquid colours but they don't blend in... I get little specks of colour all through the bombs. Is there a powdered colourant anyone would recommend?

Thanks!

Hi Ashley I've been using Micas and they colour the water. They do requrie wiping off the tub but it comes off really easily.

Thanks!!

I have a ton of those Wilton gel colours (I do cake decorating too).... I think I'll try that!

I used the Wilton gel colors in my last batch and wow! The water was soo blue. Just be sure to mix really well.

im thinking of using herbs or clays to color, but how would you color bath bombs without leaving a residue in the tub of the color?? or coloring the water? sweeet thanks :)

I made bathbombs for myself and my girls and I just used a few drops of red food colouring to make them light pink ( I made about 12 small heart shaped ones) and it made the water a beautiful baby pink and the girls just loved them! I made them with rose oil and peppermint leaves. They were to die for....Now I'm in the mood to make some more of them :) And no wiping off the tub...it didn't leave a trace.

Does anyone know if the Wilton colours stain the tub? I know they are really strong....

AshleyR said:
Does anyone know if the Wilton colours stain the tub? I know they are really strong....

No, no stains yet and my children use them every night.

alright forgive me, im new to the bath-bomb stuff lol... so is it supposed to color the water or just the bathbomb itself?

yeaaaaah... beeen mainly doing the CP soaping side of it, but there is always more to learn about everything! :)

Hi Ian, it does color the water. The ones I make, makes the water a deep ocean blue. My children love to take baths now!

Latest posts

Back