Bath Bomb Colorants

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

dragonflyday

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and haven't really found my answer...

I've been exploring all kinds of colorants, La Bomb, Lake powders, micas...

Am I missing something with the La Bomb colors (FD&C dyes dispersed in glycerin)? I have tried and tried to incorporate into my mixture and it always turns out speckled and "warts".

Micas... Love the colors but it's a little messy in the tub to clean up.

Lake/FD&C powder dyes.... Love, Love these but so far I've only found 4 colors. I've tried mixing... ewww...

What do you use?

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I don't have any idea of the colours you are talking about, but use liquid soap colours for mine and they mix in quite well, no speckling.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much just use the LaBomb colorants. I find that rubbing the mix helps disperse the colorants. My mixture is fairly wet though so that might be helping me avoid speckled bombs. If I see any speckles in my mix, I just rub it together more.

dragonflyday

Reaction score
I sell mine so I can't use food coloring. I feel like I mix until my arms hurt i think maybe I'll try to mix it into my epsom salts first. I have a love/hate relationship with bath bombs. CP soap is so much easier. Any other color tips? Thanks so much!!!

cinnamaldehyde

Reaction score
I use La Bomb colorants, and I sort of mash them into the melted cocoa butter/oil before combining with the dry ingredients.

I still end up with a few speckles but I mash, mash, mash and it combines.

LadyWild827

Reaction score
anyone know what colors you can use to change the bath water but not stain your tub or skin?

Latest posts