base note needed (maybe)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our daughter-in-law has asked for a lavender/peach and a lavender/hibiscus soap. So, I understand that I will need those two fragrances but shoujld I also be using a third fragrance to “anchor” the overall scent. What do you all think/recommend?

Thanks @lsg for that link. I just read it to find that two of my most commonly used Eos are in there - Patchouli and Litsea Cubeba. I do pair these often with other scents to anchor them. Suprosingly - I always use Patchouli with my Victorian Rose FO to help anchor it. You can't smell the patchouli at all, but the rose force is strong with that one.
@melinda48 - I think either would work for your blends - with a slight lean towards patchouli for the lavender/hibiscus ( but if you have ylang ylang that would be perfect!) and litsea for the Lavender/peach.
The reason I choose those two is coz they're both cheap as chips!
Beware - Ylang Ylang accelerates.

Thanks @lsg for that link. I just read it to find that two of my most commonly used Eos are in there - Patchouli and Litsea Cubeba. I do pair these often with other scents to anchor them. Suprosingly - I always use Patchouli with my Victorian Rose FO to help anchor it. You can't smell the patchouli at all, but the rose force is strong with that one.
@melinda48 - I think either would work for your blends - with a slight lean towards patchouli for the lavender/hibiscus ( but if you have ylang ylang that would be perfect!) and litsea for the Lavender/peach.
The reason I choose those two is coz they're both cheap as chips!
Beware - Ylang Ylang accelerates.
Thank you so much!

Back