Avon's Tropical Coconut sea salt foot scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Ok so when I went to the showers someone left this behind and it intrigued me alot... here are the ingrediants which i'm a little freaked about because the words are ridiculous..

water/eau, polyethylene, glycerim, peg-40, hydrogenated castor oil, potassium carbomer, parafum/fragance, sand, imidazolidinyl urea, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), methylparaben, prunus armeniaca (apricot) seed powder, glycol disterate, macrocystis pyrifera extract (sea kelp), steareth-4, disodium edta, sea salt/sel marin, cocos nucifera (coconut) extract.

Ok... so with all those amazing words into play... i'm thinking the following:

coconut butter
sea salt
sea kelp
jojoba oil
brown sugar (instead of sand)
perservative

:twisted: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes I was thinking the same thing... Urea... sounds like a no no place and then the crazy word infront of it sounds like some horrible disease of DDOOOOOOMMM

bombus said:
Yes- I looked that urea word on google and found this website:

http://www.hallgold.com/toxic-chemical- ... ectory.htm

It's not good!

If I read that & saw sodium hydroxide on a list of ingredients, I probably wouldn't buy it either. You have to think in terms of the bigger picture sometimes. We use lye all the time to make soap, but in it's pure form it's dangerous. Maybe that's the case with this preservative also???

Oh my god!!! no preservatives please!!! they are EVIL!!! I'd much rather have infections and infestations. I like mold, and bacteria are my friends.

Seriously, since we do not live in the world of make your own and use it within 10 minutes, preservatives are necesssary. unless you prefer disease. I don't.

And sodium hydroxide is used in many products to adjust the pH.

anyway, if you are trying to duplicate the formula you posted, you will probably get much closer with an emulsified product. the one I posted a while back has no water in it, though - and I don't have a formula for one with water.

Yeah preservatives are my friend as well lmao Well I ordered some Gamben II (spelling) would that work for a preservative in this? I'm just trying to get close not necessarily duplicate it lol 8)

Latest posts

Back