Avocado soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelilyboutique

Reaction score
Okay so I'm making a avocado soap and I've read to add avocado at trace & others add with lye. Which one is best to do?

To keep the lovely light green color, I add it pureed at trace. It fades some over time, but even faded it's a lovely color. Haven't tried it in the lye mix, will be interested, too, in hearing from others.

I added it at trace because of keeping the lovely green color & added some goats milk at trace. Also added spirulina & honeydew kwii fragrance oil.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1391394464.568629.jpg

I found that just using cold-pressed unfiltered avocado oil will ensure a rich green shade, no fading. The soap itself will be very mild and emollient. As for the avocado fruit itself, I'd rather eat it.

Me too, I love avocados, fortunetly I live where they are plentiful and I do not have to buy them. I do not use cold pressed avo oil because of cost. I use refined from my supplier. Feel is the same only color difference

I'm planning to make some avocado soap this week, but I've never made it before! Does anyone have any advice on how much fresh avocado purée to use? Thanks in advance!

Use I tbsp ppo and make sure it's extremely puréed I used my stick blender like crazy. Also I added it at trace so i froze it till it was slushy. Good luck. It's really easy.

I made my puree and then added a little bit of water until it was about the consistency of canned pumpkin puree, and then used it as full water replacement.

I use 1 whole avocado in my 5 lb batch. I purée with aloe vera pulp and juice as half my liquid.

Kelly

Back