As promised, the latest batch soap pics...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shalisk

Reaction score
As you can see, on the left the lilac simply did not go well at all. The brown blue middle there /was/ a nice purple until I added the FO, and WHAM pudding and ugly color. Makes me sad in my heart place :(

But the lemon grass came out really nifty, unintentionally even, I had forgotten to mix FO in with my yellow color that I added to half the batter and dumped the (then much darker) green into the yellow...and it turned a lighter green with REALLY light green swirls in it when I mixxed it up. I think it came out pretty.

Also, I insulated less (took out 2 or 3 towels and kept the lid loose and kept the heating pad off) and there was almost no cracking on top. Still got the soda ash problem though but I bought some 91% alcahol and a mister bottle, just gotta figure out what im sposed to do :D

20140627_151515.jpg

20140627_151533.jpg

sorry about the lilac. It's always hurts when they just come out wrong. Im sure it smells great though. I love the lemongrass one, really nice colors! Great job!

I really like the colour of the green soap. The bottom lilac soap looks like it has a butterfly shape in it, which is beautiful. If you hadn't mentioned that you were aiming for lilac, I would have assumed you were going for natural shades, which look really pretty!

purple that turns gray/brown, yeah i had some of that. purple can be a bit tricky. i have an unnamed purple mica that i got from etsy, it makes a nice purple and is stable. another option is to mix an ultramarine blue + ultramarine violet. it might look more blue when you mix it with water, but once it goes into the soap the purple starts to appear.

I really like them both! If you hadn't mentioned the lilac went wrong I'd have thought you intentionally designed it that way. Each bar has it's own personality so makes them very special. Some look as if they have leaves in them which goes with the floral scent. The green is a great shade too. Excellent job! :thumbup:

Thanks guys with your help and doing (So far close to 10 batches or more) I feel I am making real progress. Still gotta figure out somthing for the top, and what 'size' I want my default to be for height but other than that I am getting some progress down.

A few people now keep telling me 'you are at the point you need to...' XYZ...(Branding! Recipe! Incorperate! Sell!) Because I am at the point that (Knowing me) if I stop making soap for a week or two, (I make 1-2 batches a week) im going to have a gap in my 'just done' and 'just finished' rotation, and if I keep making it, ill have it up to my ears :D

Beautiful soaps! They smell wonderful! If the colour is a bit off, it happens, nobody needs to know, pretend it was intentional. ;)
I had quite a few colours morph over the last few weeks, just this weekend, purple mica morphed into grey/brown, neon red into orange and neon orange into colourless swirl?! But meh, as long as the batch is successful and smells nice I don't care. :)

I accidentally got a lovely lilac color in my salt bars by adding blue coloring intended for MP soap. It was a pretty blue, then it went deep purple, bright pink, then settled to a lovely lilac.

Latest posts

Back