ArtFire

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
Anyone having any luck. I've had some stuff on for about 3 weeks. No luck, course I really didn't expect to have considering I only have 5 items listed.

The reason I haven't worked it is because I new my mom was coming for a visit and I wouldn't be able to keep an eye on it. and then I found out my grandma has lung cancer, so I've been making plans to go see here. I leave this wen. & will be gone a week.

Anyway, when I get back I'm going to get serious and I'm wondering weather or not I should stick with Artfire at all or go to Etsy.

I gotta move some soap before it moves me out the door! I'm running out of room LOL.

I did a little study & looked at people who had shops on etsy & artfire at the same time. People making 100 sales a month on etsy were making 1 sale a month on artfire.

There could be many reasons for that, maybe they had their etsy account longer & built a following, maybe they had their etsy address on their biz cards.

I did try to look at shops that were established at both locations for at least 4 months or longer.

Hi Dixie,

Since I don't sell my soap, I can't be of any help with your question, but wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your grandmother.

I hope that you have a pleasant visit with her.

Jude

Is Artfire the one where you can only list 10 items and then they charge you after that?
Tabitha, do you think that could be the reason for less sales on AF, less range of products makes the "shop" look kind of bare?

Tabitha, do you think that could be the reason for less sales on AF, less range of products makes the "shop" look kind of bare?

IMHO it is for 2 reasons.

1) People spend their time & money advertising 'other' online venues they have been involved in longer.

2) There are fewer people who know artfire is there so artfire does not have nearly the customer base etsy & ebay do.

I agree with you Tabitha , here in Canada , very few people have heard of artfire .

Kitn

Latest posts

Back