Business bank suggestions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I'm looking at changing my bank. I'm currently at Aspiration. While I adore the things it contributes to (like the environment), this not being able to deposit cash directly is becoming a real pain. In order for me to deposit cash, I have to put it into my personal account at Chase, then transfer it from Chase to Aspiration which can take up to a week. This is getting very frustrating.

Being that I'm just to the point of breaking even as it is, a monthly fee of $15 matters. I've looked at so many options. At this point, it looks like I can do what I'm doing now OR I can pay a monthly fee. Some of these banks say "we don't charge anything but to deposit cash, you will need to use a green dot card and pay the $4.95 fee" which is... well... completely idiotic. If I wanted to do that, I'd just get a green dot and save myself the hassle of moving somewhere else. I'd say roughly half of my customer purchases come from cash.

Do you have any suggestions?

I agree - credit union. We had an account at the same bank for over 40 years and were very happy. The bank was bought by Huntington, which was horrible. We put up with it for about two months before checking into other options and decided to try a credit union. Which has worked out very well.

Back