Army soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenbeth

Reaction score
Hi all this is my version of camo soap if I manage to add a photo!! I've been playing around with soap for about a month and love it. I have a son in the Australian army, but I've got to say this looks nothing like aussie camo, but the soap feels nice.

camo soap compressed.jpg

It may not look like Australian camo, but it is definitely recognizable as camo. Very nice!

Very cool! What did you use for your coloring? I love the textured look with the flecks. I think it looks better than if the colors had been flat. Your son will be thrilled and I'll bet he's asked to share!

Thanks guys. The brown is cocoa the green is ground up parsley and the other colour was a small amount of parsley and cinnamon. I'm really keen to play around with whats in the pantry for colouring.

Don't know!! I read here on this forum to use it for green and this is what happened. I used a lot, about 2 tablespoons in about a pound of soap. What usually happens?

Your soap is fantastic! I bet it took a long time to put it together. Your son will definately appreciate it!

Thanks guys. The brown is cocoa the green is ground up parsley and the other colour was a small amount of parsley and cinnamon. I'm really keen to play around with whats in the pantry for colouring.

So did you infuse in oil first or what? I'm trying infused colors in oil. As I write its in the hot water bath. Wondering if its worth the effort?:eh:

I can tell you anyone of my sons would love that soap. And a couple of my daughters!

Last edited:
No infusing, just put the parsley in the blender then seived out the big bits. I added it to some oil before I added it at trace. I try to soap cool as I almost always have some honey in my soap. My partner and I are beekeepers so I try to incorporate beeswax, honey, or both in the soap I make. This one had beeswax straight from the hive and a very small amount of honey still in the comb and I didn't want a scorched mess. I try to prevent gel.Same reason-first honey soap was brown after gel. Boy did that give me a surprise. Didn't read the last instruction on the next page. Don't insulate. So maybe preventing gel preserved the colour.

Latest posts

Back