Are Tip & Donation Jars for Vendors legal?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about legality, but maybe more info would be helpful.

What is the tip jar for? Was it stated? Is it for a samples the vendor hands out, is it for a child in need, a family in need, for the dog pound, etc....

I kind of agree wth you guys on the tip jar. I could never ever do somethng lke that. (Opps my I's are mis-behaving today). But a donation jar for a needy cause I could see. Her article did state that she was very successful in her soapmaking, whatever that REALLY means?!? I don't know....

I kind of agree wth you guys on the tip jar. I could never ever do somethng lke that. (Opps my I's are mis-behaving today). But a donation jar for a needy cause I could see. Her article did state that she was very successful in her soapmaking, whatever that REALLY means?!? I don't know....

Self proclamations don't count..lol.

I can't seem to fnd t now. All I can remember is a blog, her name is Nona, has 5 or 6 kids and homeschools them. I thnk she's in Pennsylvania. As soon as I find it I'll post it.

If the tip jar is for the others, that's a bit weird but okay. If the tip jar is for her, that's beyond tacky and tells me that she needs to increase her prices because she's trying to nickel and dime her customers (literally!) to pad her bottom line.... when her markup is supposed to do that for her.

Latest posts

Back