Apple Cider Vinegar and Sun Spots

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aharvick

Reaction score
I have read recently that apple cider vinegar can get rid of sun spots before they have a chance to become cancerous. I do not know how true this is.
Has anyone made an apple cider vinegar soap that has made these spots disappear? Just curious, thanks in advance.

Soap is a wash off product not on the skin long enough to where it would likely make a difference. Also, adding vinegar you will need to adjust your lye.

That's a very medical question we have no way of knowing. I agree with shunt - soap isn't a leave-on product. You could try simply dabbing some ACV on your face before bed at night (gives the smell time to fade before the next day). My mom swears her grandmother made something - maybe a poultice - from Queen Anne's Lace and she swears it faded her sun spots.

Vinegar undergoes such a change when exposed to lye, I can't imagine it would do a thing for your skin. My gramma has been dabbing lemon juice on her dark spots twice a day. She says it helps but I don't see a difference.

Thank you! I was not sure and did not want to make any claims on my own. I do have sun spots myself and wanted to see if anyone would know off-the-top so I could try this before I made something.

Vinegar added to soap isn't vinegar after the lye gets done with it. As far as the idea that vinegar can remove sun/age spots, my quick google search only brought up lots of alternative medicine websites, "natural" blogs, and other not-so-reliable sources. I don't see (again with a quick search) any reputable resources that support this claim. Not surprising -- there have been tons of pseudo-science claims made about ACV for decades if not centuries. It's supposed to cure everything under the sun, so why not age spots?

Even if there is a valid medical benefit from ACV in soap, do you really want to make that claim and turn a simple soap into a drug? The liability and hassle isn't worth it to me. JMO.

Latest posts

Back