Anyone use butter?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, interesting thought :) Never tried it but I would be curious to see how it would come out.

lol....the first thing that popped into my mind was the Seinfeld episode with Kramer using butter on himself and Newman imagining him as a turkey!!!!!

I had thought of using butter before and the info that I got was that it smells awful. I really don't want my house smelling rotten! :cry:

This is so funny, I was just thinking of this this moring! Butter and oatmeal soap- sounds good enough to eat. :p

Actually I have used real butter in a soap. I would have to go back to my notes to give you the percentage and the SAP value. It makes a decadent bar of soap! Absolutely wonderful! but, sorry to say, it will go bad on you very, very fast...sigh

It's been years since I made it! I had to scramble to find the notes. :lol: The SAP value is .1620 NoAH and I used it at 10% with a 4% lye discount. The only other oils I used were olive, coconut and palm.
I do remember how nice it felt but I also remember how fast those bars went off.

Birdie said:
It's been years since I made it! I had to scramble to find the notes. :lol: The SAP value is .1620 NoAH and I used it at 10% with a 4% lye discount. The only other oils I used were olive, coconut and palm.
I do remember how nice it felt but I also remember how fast those bars went off.

What do you mean, 'off'? How can soap go bad?

I would think that freezing or refrigerating them would do the trick. I would like to try it one time just to say that I did a butter soap. :)

Back